[Smt-talk] Movable Do Subculture

Dmitri Tymoczko dmitri at princeton.edu
Sun Jul 15 01:21:39 PDT 2012

On Jul 14, 2012, at 7:15 PM, Jonathan Santore wrote:

> Dmitri hints at what I feel is one of the major issues behind the great solmization debate -

I just want to remind everyone that "Dmitri [Tymoczko]" and "Dimitar [Ninov]" are two entirely separate people -- one at Princeton, one at Texas.

I haven't been contributing to the list much, recently, because I worry that the level of discussion is deteriorating.  There seems to be a lot more shouting and a lot less scholarship than there was a few years ago.  It's gotten to the point where I've been contemplating starting a new list with a much more rigorous moderation policy.

DT

Dmitri Tymoczko
Professor of Music
310 Woolworth Center
Princeton, NJ 08544-1007
(609) 258-4255 (ph), (609) 258-6793 (fax)
http://dmitri.tymoczko.com