[Smt-talk] Movable Do Subculture

Jonathan Santore jsantore at mail.plymouth.edu
Mon Jul 16 09:45:06 PDT 2012

Apologies for any confusion I might have caused, Dmitri (T). While I can't speak to your point about the general level of discussion on our list of late, I can say that list discussions of solmization throughout the years have consistently generated more heat than light. It seems to me that this is a question that could be examined objectively with a carefully-designed study, if such studies don't already exist -- I hope someone takes it up.

All best,
Jonathan
--
Jonathan C. Santore, Ph.D., Chair
Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance -- MSC 37
jsantore at mail.plymouth.edu