[Smt-talk] Subdominant versus Predominant

Ildar Khannanov solfeggio7 at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 20:24:24 PDT 2012

Of course! And, talking about Cesar Franck, in his sonata for Violin and Piano in A, the opening chord is V9, guess, what is the second chord? (ii !!!). Subdominant function (represented here by supertonic triad) interferes from the outset. Well, the D9 has its tones. The ballance is perfect.

Best,

Ildar Khannanov