[Smt-talk] Standard Configuration of Clausulae

Peter Schubert, Prof. peter.schubert at mcgill.ca
Wed May 30 08:00:33 PDT 2012

The notion of imperfect-to-perfect, I thought, was always associated with the stepwise "closest approach" (Herlinger, Cohen). So the imperfect consonance G/B doesn't participate in the same way. As for the example with F in the bass, I don't recall ever seeing it, except in rare Bach recitatives where V4/2 goes to I5/3.

Peter Schubert
Schulich School of Music
McGill University
555 Sherbrooke St. W.