[Smt-talk] the impossibility of listening

Daniel Roca drocacan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 10:30:59 PDT 2012

I agree 100%. I am also involved in linking specifically hearing with analysis (I even have a humble contribution on the subject available for free on the Apple Book Store, although only in Spanish, I'm afraid).

I wonder if you have also published something on aural analysis (especially for music pedagogy). I would love to read of hear from it.

El 01/11/2012, a las 14:21, Fieldman, Hali escribió:

> Provocative, indeed!
>
> Had I not wanted to understand intellectually my aural analysis, through performance and listening, of "notes interacting with each other," I would never have been drawn to music theory.  Perhaps "we" -- the music-theory community, the community of professional musicians as a whole, the community of people whose role is to act as interface between the thorny behaviors of musical elements and the tender sensibilities of our audiences — perhaps we underestimate the very power of musical sound, as well as the ability of musically-untrained people to hear such sound with great insight and clarity.

_________

Daniel Roca
Higher Conservatory of the Canary Islands
Spain
drocacan at gmail.com