[Smt-talk] Fwd: Re: the impossibility of listening

Isaac Malitz imalitz at omsmodel.com
Thu Nov 1 23:33:38 PDT 2012

A brief advertisement:

Over the last 7 years, I have had the opportunity to assimilate the main
efforts in "experiential analysis". (I have also done my own pioneering
work in this area).

It seems to me that any music analyst would benefit from being
acquainted with the principal efforts in this area. It appears that
almost all participants in this thread have indicated that at minimum,
experiential analysis is an important supplement to note-based analysis.
So why not find out what's going on ...

Anyone who is interested is invited to take a look at my website below -
which is somewhat experimental, but which provides a lot of info in a
quick read. Also, I am always interested in queries and discussions -
one on one or in groups. Especially interesting and worthwhile is to
analyze a specific work from an experiential point of view. I do this
with specific procedure and vocabulary. Feel free to contact me via this
forum or individually.

Isaac Malitz, Ph.D.
www.OMSModel.com
imalitz at rdic.com

Carolyn Abbate and Roger Parker: "...we wanted to write a book without
reference to musical scores."