[Smt-talk] Schenkerian analysis - visual impaired student

Philip Baczewski baczewski at unt.edu
Wed Nov 7 07:22:37 PST 2012

Technology has replaced the need for manual embossing. Tiger Software works with
braille embossers to create "tactile graphics" from black and white images. It
would seem that Schenker graphs would translate well to a tactile form since
there are visual/tactile cues that support discerning the structural levels.  We
support a Tiger Embosser in our UNT Adaptive Technology lab and have produced
musical scores at times for students.  For more info, see
http://www.viewplus.com/products/braille-printers/elite-braille-printers/

Philip Baczewski, D.M.A. (baczewski at unt.edu)
Deputy Chief Information Officer
University Information Technology (UIT)