[Smt-talk] the impossibility of listening

Giorgio Sanguinetti giorgio_sanguinetti at fastwebnet.it
Wed Oct 31 16:48:38 PDT 2012

I wonder why extracting informations about the way music works listening to Rigoletto should be "virtually impossible", while doing the same  with, say, Mahler sixth symphony should be relatively easy. Am I mischievous if I suspect that they wanted to say "pointless" instead? Isn't it a terrible waste of time spending so much trouble analyzing that messy Italian stuff?

Giorgio Sanguinetti