[Smt-talk] Composing the the Galant style.

muhlenkott at aol.com muhlenkott at aol.com
Fri Apr 19 14:28:26 PDT 2013

Dear list members,

I am a composition student at Los Angeles City College and am attempting to write 6 authentic-sounding keyboard (forte-piano/harpsichord) sonatas in Galant/Early Classical style. Besides studying the literature I have used Professors Gjerdingen and Sanguinetti's books as well as others. I have also had a few lessons through Skype with Prof Gjerdingen, which has been very helpful.

Is it possible to find a teacher of 18th century composition? I could use some real-life guidance from a maestro and am willing to pay! I sincerely appreciate any recommendations or leads.

many thanks,
Michael Uhlenkott
MUhlenkott at aol.com