[Smt-talk] Fwd: Re: a la mode

Ildar Khannanov solfeggio7 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 19:01:22 PST 2013

Dear Marcel and the List,

this seemed to be an interesting topic (returning to and revisiting the old one, of course). I suggest creating a panel at the upcoming EUROMAC 2014 in Leven. I know (from the recent Congress of the Russian society for theory of music) the names of at least two more scholars, working in this area, Pyotr Tchernobrivets from St. Petersburg and Franck Edrzejewsky from Paris. We could organize a truly international panel On Tuning in Composition Today. Here is the wiki discussion room, prepared by the organizing committee of the EUROMAC 2014: http://groups.google.com/group/euromac-2014/topics

Of course, the topic can be extended to the manipulation of partials and harmonics in a synthesized sound.

Best wishes,

Ildar Khannanov
Peabody Conservatory
Member of the Organizational Committee