[Smt-talk] German christmas hymns.

Kyle Adams adamsk01 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 16:09:27 PST 2013

The fourth movement from Mendelssohn's Ein Sommernacthstraum also has the words "gute nacht mit eia poppei." On the recording I have by Philippe Herreweghe (which is a very beautiful one), it's pronounced "eye-ah," for what it's worth.

Kyle Adams
Associate Professor of Music Theory
Jacobs School of Music
Indiana University