[Smt-talk] Criteria for Old and New

Nicolas Meeùs nicolas.meeus at scarlet.be
Mon Mar 11 16:20:01 PDT 2013

Ildar,

I consider myself a historian of theory. I am perfectly aware of the
principles that you defend, all the more so that my own musical
education has been to a large extent in a Germanic (Riemannian) context.
The only point on which we diverge is that you want to "prove that fake
theory is fake", while I am interested in all theories, which all have
something to learn us. I don't remember having ever said a word against
the tradition behind you; I know it, I know its value, I knew it before
you were born. You refuse to hear my arguments about another theory,
that I certainly know much better than you. Let's leave it at that.

Don't resent any animosity in this, it's merely that we are not really
discussing (nor exchanging photos of restaurants or pets ;-)). The list
of my publications, in case you are interested, is available on
http://www.plm.paris-sorbonne.fr/spip.php?article154.

Yours,

Nicolas

Nicolas Meeùs