[Smt-talk] Metamorphosis

Gregory Karl gregkarl at frontier.com
Thu May 16 19:25:39 PDT 2013

Hi Michael,

If I remember correctly, this article uses the Urpflanze as its prime
example of bad science. It may cite some useful sources:

David L. Montgomery , "The Myth of Organicism: From Bad Science to
Great Art," The Musical Quarterly, 75 (1991)

Ruth Solie's "The Living Work: Organicism and Musical
Analysis," (19th-Century Music 4 (1980)) might have some good leads.
It's been a while; I just don't remember.

Bye now,
Greg Karl
Jay NY