[Smt-talk] Looking for bad text settings (Freya Jarman)

Jarman, Freya F.Jarman at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Aug 25 04:14:43 PDT 2014

You might "enjoy" the (explicit lyrics) curve ball of "My 1st Single" by Eminem. I once spent several days representing the relationship between the expected stresses of the language and the performed stresses in just the first third of a verse, and several more days with a bottle of gin to recover.

My therapist told me not to try and recreate any of the rhythmically juicy details again here, so I'll leave you a YouTube link, which very helpfully includes the lyrics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA87Z_czjL8 (See also the lyrics here: http://rap.genius.com/Eminem-my-1st-single-lyrics)
--
Dr. Freya Jarman SFHEA
Senior Lecturer, Director of Undergraduate Studies

Queer Voices: http://www.palgrave.com/products/title.aspx?pid=470391
Academia.edu: http://liverpool.academia.edu/FreyaJarman