[Smt-talk] Pop Music And Theory

Donna Doyle donnadoyle at att.net
Thu Dec 11 05:45:28 PST 2014

Dear all,

It helps to remember that the brains behind Michael Jackson was Quincy Jones, who studied with Nadia Boulanger. It also helps to remember that periodic phrase structure has been around since King David sang the Psalms and monks in the 13th c wrote reams of rhyming poetry. Let's call "intuition" by its right name--the collective unconscious. Making it conscious is academia's job. Thanks be to God : )

Best regards,
Donna Doyle

Aaron Copland School of Music
Queens College--CUNY