[Smt-talk] Music theory writing course--books on writing or editing

Slottow, Stephen Stephen.Slottow at unt.edu
Wed Jul 9 18:50:13 PDT 2014

I should have asked people to respond to the list instead of to me alone; I underestimated the general interest in the topic. I have received several requests to post a list of the suggested materials, and I could do that. However, a simple list would be of limited use, since the emails I received contained not only suggested materials, but also comments, descriptions, summaries, observations, and evaluations.

Therefore, I now ask everyone who kindly emailed suggestions to me privately to repost them to the smt-talk, or to give me permission to do so (and tell me whether I can use your names).

I think this is the best course. If it doesn't work, I'll put together some kind of annotated list.

Thank you,

Stephen Slottow
Associate Professor of Music
College of Music