[Smt-talk] Popular Songs with 3 or more modulations?

Zachary Cairns cairnsz at umsl.edu
Thu Jun 19 07:09:30 PDT 2014

One other that hasn't been mentioned yet -- Guns N' Roses, "Coma." Most of
the song seems to center itself around a fairly chromatic A minor (?), but
the terminally climactic ending (if I'm applying Brad Osborn's terminology
correctly) rolls through five different keys in two minutes.  It's the
Mother of All Harmonic Sequences, I think -- the chord progression
E-G-D-A-C-G-F is sequenced through the keys E-A-D-G-C, and finally ends on
F.

Thanks for the fun thread!
Zac

--