[Smt-talk] "inversions"

Ildar Khannanov solfeggio7 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 18:23:46 PDT 2014

Dear Trevor,

for that there are two terms in Russian terminology; obrascheniye is for inversion and peremescheniye--for shifting of the upper three voices (any kind of shifting, such as arpeggiation or chordal skip or voice exchange in two voices). These two terms are very similar (and therefore easy to remember) but the distinction is important--I agree with you!

Best,

Ildar Khannanov
Peabody Conservatory
solfeggio7 at yahoo.com