[Smt-talk] Correction Regarding My Last Post Submission

CARSON FARLEY ccfarley at embarqmail.com
Thu May 1 21:30:00 PDT 2014

I would like to make a correction regarding my last post submission. Perhaps my wording was a little to sharp and I do not feel it necessary to post my submission if I have violated any guidelines of the discussion group. It is not my intention to get off topic. If on the other hand my submission is acceptable and I do trust the authority and judgement of the moderators I am not against it being posted. My understanding is that the forum is for professional theorists and students. I do not work at a university, but I am university trained in theory and I do teach it with private students and have for some time. My response was to a post that suggested a process of exclusion be implemented for the SMT discussion group moving forward which I feel is very prejudicial and offensive to those of us who are musicians and theorists not in university posts. I am an adult and very much enjoy the forum and cherish the wide range of perspectives even if I don't agree.

Thanks,
Carson Farley