[Smt-talk] Music Courses For Undergraduates

CARSON FARLEY ccfarley at embarqmail.com
Wed May 21 19:31:34 PDT 2014

Since we are now living in the 21st century might I suggest some music technology classes and a class on the physics of sound? Music technology is now ubiquitous and used by all musicians and the understanding of how sound works in terms of the harmonic overtone series, wave forms, timbre, synthesis, frequency, tuning, etc., would be very helpful for the modern musician, composer, and theorist looking forward.

Carson Farley
Composer/cellist/theorist
University of Washington Alumnus