[Smt-talk] John Cage

Haskins, Rob Rob.Haskins at unh.edu
Thu May 8 06:13:32 PDT 2014

Without entering the debate on primacy, I'll point out that several of Cage's late works explore microtonality somewhat more systematically than the prepared piano ones. Those interested might examine Ten, Five2, and Two5, among other works. James Tenney's article "John Cage and the Theory of Harmony" offers a useful methodology for their investigation.

All best,
Rob

Rob Haskins, D.M.A., Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Music, College of Liberal Arts
University of New Hampshire
<rob.haskins at unh.edu>