[Smt-talk] F# Major

Nathan Blustein nabluste at indiana.edu
Tue May 20 04:43:32 PDT 2014

Dear all,

Perhaps citing more Messiaen is simply unfair, but "Pourquoi?" from the *Trois
Mélodies *is yet another example.

Wikipedia's article on the key also lists the "Presentation of the Rose"
from Strauss's *Der Rosenkavalier.*

Tim Minchin claims to prefer singing songs in F-Sharp Major, but he clearly
conflates "in a key" with "on a pitch."

Best,
Nathan

---