[Smt-talk] F SHARP MAJOR

Ildar Khannanov solfeggio7 at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 06:28:05 PDT 2014

Dear Devin and the List,

considering these interesting choices, made by different composers from different places and periods, it makes sense to talk about semantics of a key, beyond simple color associations. F sharp minor must have meant something to all these composers. How to express this semantic equivalent is another question, though.

Best wishes,

Ildar Khannanov
Peabody Conservatory, Johns Hopkins University
solfeggio7 at yahoo.com