[Smt-talk] Streaming at conferences

brent.yorgason at marietta.edu brent.yorgason at marietta.edu
Thu Nov 20 20:58:21 PST 2014

Bob,

Here is a little bit of information about the conference streaming
initiative. Jon Kochavi has been overseeing this project as part of his work
with Accessibility. In the Networking Committee meeting this year, there was
a good deal of discussion about expanding the streaming of sessions at
future conferences. Although only one session would likely be streamed live,
we did discuss the possibility of recording the sessions in other rooms and
providing these online in a temporary archive (say, for two weeks). I don't
know any details about the costs of Ustream, but the effort would also
involve getting additional recording equipment and finding enough volunteers
to man the equipment. As for interactivity, we do allow those watching
remotely to ask the presenters questions via the chat feature--I don't think
anyone took advantage of that feature this year.

If others are interested in having additional sessions streamed at next
year's conference, contact a member of the Networking Committee to have your
voice heard.

Brent

Brent Yorgason
Associate Professor of Music Theory
Marietta College
Managing Editor, Music Theory Online
Technology Chairman, Music Theory Midwest