[SMT-PAIG] Reminder: SMT-PAIG Annual Meeting this Thursday

Nathan C Pell npell at gradcenter.cuny.edu
Tue Jan 12 14:05:18 PST 2021

Dear PAIG Members,

We hope this message finds you and yours healthy and well in the new year!  This is a brief reminder that the SMT Performance and Analysis Interest Group will be holding its annual meeting this week (you will recall that we chose not to meet during SMT itself).  The online meeting will take place this Thursday, January 14 from 5:00-6:30 pm Central Standard Time (because originally in Minneapolis, all SMT 2020 times were Central).  That's 6:00-7:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, if you prefer that as a reference point.  Outgoing co-chair Ed Klorman has graciously offered us the use of his Zoom account.  You will be able to attend the meeting by clicking on this link when the time comes:

https://mcgill.zoom.us/j/6211889599?pwd=Z3h1VkFxT0RPV0dXQW00dmVHbkt1QT09

In addition to a brief business meeting, we will hear four lightning talks:

Thomas Ingram, "Riemann's Phrasing Edition and the Energetics of Meter"
Olivia Lucas, "Analyzing Performance and Performing Analysis:  Light Shows in Hip Hop and EDM"
Gilad Rabinovitch, "An Analysis of Gabriela Montero's (2012) Live Improvisation on 'Nun danket alle Gott'"
Michael Rector, "Performing Structure:  Tempo in Glenn Gould's Goldberg Variations"

Each author has prepared a short "teaser" of their presentation, which will be available on the PAIG blog soon.  We will send a second email with links to these posts when they are ready.

Hope to see you on Thursday!

All best,
Nathan and Dan
SMT Performance and Analysis Interest Group Co-Chairs