[Smt-talk] Pop songs with metrically altered transistions

Anders Bouwer andersbouwer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 15:56:37 PST 2009

Hi Adam,

Several songs by Little Feat include some tricky measures.
For example, 'Long Distance Love' is a nice rock ballad in 4/4 which
includes an extra 2/4 measure before moving to the part with the
lyrics 'Cause no matter what you/I do', as well as several other
interesting rhythmic accents.

Another example I can think of is the jazz tune '(Used to be a) Cha
Cha' by Jaco Pastorius in which the very last bar of the scheme before
returning to the beginning (first time at 0:35) is 7/8 whereas the
rest is all 4/4.

Good luck with your quest,

Anders.
--