[Smt-talk] Svetlana Kurbatskaya

Zac Cairns zachary.cairns at rochester.edu
Thu Jan 21 15:06:27 PST 2010

Dear all,

This might be a long shot, but I'm trying to track down a Russian
musicologist named Svetlana Kurbatskaya.  She has published two books (to
the best of my knowledge):  "Seriynaya muzïka: voprosï istorii, teorii,
estetiki" (1996) and "P'er Bulez, Edison Denisov: analiticheskiye ocherki"
(1998) -- the latter with Yuri Kholopov.  After publishing the
Boulez/Denisov book, she seems to have disappeared off the face of the
musicological world.  I have heard rumors that she abandoned the academic
study of music and moved to England, but I don't know for certain.

If anyone has any information about Kurbatskaya (background, current contact
information), I'd be deeply appreciative.  Please reply privately, as I
don't imagine her current whereabouts are of general interest.

Thank you very much!
Zac Cairns

--
Zachary Cairns