[Smt-talk] Visual vs. Auditory

nancygarniez at tonalrefraction.com nancygarniez at tonalrefraction.com
Sun Oct 24 12:25:35 PDT 2010

I am delighted to see the flourishing discussion about conflicts between musical information imparted visually in standard notation and various tools of theoretical analysis, and musical information imparted purely through the ear. In the Nov./Dec issue of Chamber Music Magazine in "Experiments of a Chamber Music Coach" (pp 46-49) I describe a program I inaugurated at Mannes in 1975, inspired by Viktor Zuckerkandl's work on the subject.
I would love to have coffee with anyone attending the conference who shares interest in or is curious about his extraordinary work.
Nancy Garniez
http://nancygarniez.blogspot.com
www.tonalrefraction.com