[Smt-talk] Looking for a chord progression

Stephen Taylor staylor7 at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 7 08:43:19 PDT 2011

I have a feeling this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but the first thing that popped into mind is the cadence from the Interlude in Stravinsky's Agon (bars 144-45). He's imitating the double leading-tone cadence, of course (even though the B doesn't move to C), and the Stravinskian passing tones, anticipations, etc. probably make it ineligible. But it's one of my favorite Stravinsky moments.

Steve

Stephen Taylor
Associate Professor of Composition-Theory
School of Music
http://www.stephenandrewtaylor.net