[Smt-talk] curved arrows

Meghan M Naxer mnaxer at uoregon.edu
Thu Aug 2 08:27:31 PDT 2012

Giorgio,

It is possible to create a curved arrow using a slur and an arrowhead symbol. You can manually create a slur that is not connected to a notehead either through the Line menu or with the S shortcut. In the Engraving Rules menu, a submenu for slurs allows you to adjust the thickness of your slurs. I have found that a thinner slur is a much cleaner look for Schenkerian graphs. If you zoom into your graph (200-300%), you can accurately place the slur and arrowhead where needed so it looks like one symbol.

I hope this helps! (PS. This is based on Sibelius 6, but should still apply for Sibelius 7.)

In other news, if anyone is interested in supporting Sibelius during this tumultuous time with Avid, please visit http://tinyurl.com/c9bu3tj and the petition here: http://tinyurl.com/cuy22jf

Meghan M. Naxer
Graduate Teaching Fellow in Music Theory
School of Music and Dance
University of Oregon
Eugene, OR