[Smt-talk] Source on quote on performance and analysis

Daniel Roca drocacan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 01:49:32 PST 2012

No, I haven`t. Thank you for asking.
I cheked several Cone articles, including the Promissory Notes one, but I haven't been able to find it.
I think I read it in a John Rink article (maybe the Spanish version of Musical Performance: A Guide..." of from "The practice of performance", but of course both comprise several articles from differentes authors. And it is very likely that what I read was a quote itself.

It's funny because it's one of the quotes I cite more in my classes and has influenced my thinking in that matters a lot, and I can't find the source.

I am beginning to think if it's not original from me after all :-)

_________

drocacan at gmail.com