[Smt-talk] Car names (William Caplin)

Eugene Montague eugene_m at gwu.edu
Wed Jul 25 08:53:40 PDT 2012

In this context we probably shouldn't overlook the Morris Major and (far more popular) Morris Minor, both from the 1950s.  I doubt there are many models of either to be seen over here in the States, except on PBS Masterpiece.  I'm not sure if Morris intended any musical references in the names, or if they were purely denoting a functional hierarchy.

Motor on!

Eugene

--
Eugene Montague