[Smt-talk] Word 2011 Musical Symbols

Peter Purin peterpurin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:09:47 PDT 2012

Dear colleagues,
   Our division received new laptops recently, and I am now facing the
challenge of learning new work-arounds for musical symbols in Microsoft
Word 2011. In Word 2007, I could use an equation editor for scale degree
carats and time signatures that would lay in nicely with the text. The
current equation editor doesn't seem to work in quite the same way. Does
anyone have advice on how to handle these types of stacked symbols? Is
there a general music-in-Word style sheet floating around that perhaps
other scholars might find useful as well?
    Many thanks,
       Peter Purin

--
Peter Purin