[Smt-talk] Word 2011 Musical Symbols

Anna Stephan-Robinson annastephanrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:00:55 PDT 2012

Dear Peter,

It's not quite a work-around, but I find it easiest to do these with fonts.
Matthew Hindson has several useful fonts that you can download at his site:
http://www.hindson.com.au/wordpress/free/free-fonts-available-for-download/.
The "rhythms" one has time signatures, and the "scale degrees" one has
carets. You sometimes have to play around with the paragraph spacing or
kerning to get them to look right. Of course, this won't work if you have
to share the document with people who don't have the fonts installed. It is
fine for printing, though.

Best,
Anna

Anna Stephan-Robinson