[Smt-talk] Mozart harmonic progression

Sheehan, Paul J. Paul.Sheehan at ncc.edu
Mon Apr 22 17:28:15 PDT 2013

Dear Eric and other readers:

I don't have a ready answer but can't help recognizing the similarity between your progression and the descending bass a few measures into the overture to Don Giovanni.

If you haven't done so already, pore over the Crucifixus from Bach's Mass in B minor.

I hope this helps.

Paul Sheehan

Dr. Paul Sheehan

Instructor, Music Department