[Smt-talk] Inquiry

Paul Cadrin paulcadrin at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 23 14:15:40 PDT 2013

Dear Colleagues, I don't know who can claim priority for the use of the terms Narrative and Lyrical, but I know that Carol Berger uses "Narrative Form" and "Lyrical Form" in his analyses of the Ballades of Chopin. See:"Chopin's Ballade Op. 23 and the Revolution of the Intellectuals", in Chopin Studies 2, edited by John Rinck and Jim Samson. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1994, pp. 72-84."The Form of Chopin's Ballade Op. 23" in  19th-Century Music, vol. 20, no. 1 (Summer 1996), pp. 46-71.Hope that this is useful.

Paul Cadrin
Musicologue sans frontières
1475 avenue Desjardins, app. 2
Montréal (Québec) Canada H1V 2G5
438-381-5048Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:48:29 -0400