[Smt-talk] Caution versus Generalization

Frank Samarotto fsamarot at indiana.edu
Wed Aug 28 17:02:17 PDT 2013

Nicholas,

I rely here on Harrison¹s excellent survey of Riemann¹s followers: Did not
Hermann Erpf simplify Riemann¹s functions down to just two: T or D?

Not quite a household name, but perhaps shows the dangers of reductionist
theories like Riemann¹s. (Insert emoticon here.)

Best,
Frank

Frank Samarotto
Associate Professor of Music Theory