[Smt-talk] a la mode

Michele Ignelzi m.ignelzi at tin.it
Sun Dec 8 06:44:58 PST 2013

Dear Ildar (and the List),

I am very far from what you attribute to me. I was only questioning a precise statement of yours about the Greek origin of some words, which is etymologically not tenable.

I agree with you, the influence of ancient Greece on modern thought is incalculable. By saying that, I would not underrate the contribution of other peoples and cultures.

Best wishes,
Michele
Michele Ignelzi
m.ignelzi at tin.it
Conservatorio Statale di Musica, Florence, Italy