[Smt-talk] Fantasia/was Rite of Spring Animation

Ciro Scotto ciro.scotto7 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 08:19:17 PDT 2013

Hello All,

To add another branch to a growing thread, I would like to recommend the Italian film Allegro Non Troppo. It is a parody of Disney's Fantasia, but also a wonderful film in its own right. Here is a link to Wikipedia with information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegro_non_troppo

The setting of Ravel's Bolero in contrast to Disney's setting of The Rite of Spring is alone worth the price of admission.

Best,

Ciro

Dr. Ciro G. Scotto
Assistant Professor of Music Theory